Contractors working for Yancoal must first be registered in the online Yancoal Contractor Management System.
The system underscores the Yancoal commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone working for us.
It allows contracting companies to self-register by entering their company details and requested documents (including insurances and licences) relevant to the work they do for Yancoal.
Contractors will also register and book their employees into Yancoal and site specific inductions to allow them to access the relevant sites.
The systems allow Yancoal and its contractors to manage a shared duty of care.
Pegasus connects a competent workforce. They manage the Contractor Management System on behalf of Yancoal.
The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract
The Yancoal Way
Our Way defines who we are and how we work, encapsulating our belief, values and the associated behaviours expected from every member of our team, every day.
Our three core beliefs drive our values to deliver. They are:
- Transparency: We are open and honest with one another and have a “no surprises” attitude towards the stakeholders we work with.
- Compliance: We always follow our internal rules and the rules of law where we operate.
- Efficiency: We strive to be efficient, productive and effective at what we do all day, every day.
Our beliefs are underpinned by our core values which drive our daily behaviour. Our five core values are:
- People – Path Way
People are the heart of the Yancoal values.
Our people guide our direction. It’s our people who drive ideas, energy, capital and enterprise, converting them into value for our stakeholders, customers and shareholders.
We value involvement from everyone. Full engagement is encouraged, with 99% of what we need to know already in our people.
Path Way unlocks the power of choice, inspires us to do what we say we are going to do, and brings out the best in each of us. Working for Yancoal is an experience that makes a difference in our world.
- Safety – Safe Way
Safety is not optional. It is considered in everything we do to eliminate harm to our people.
Safe Way helps people be mindful of why they care about safety, risks, and controls. It holds people accountable and ensures all elements are effective together, so people don’t just survive, they thrive.
- Innovation – Better Way
Innovation involves continuously improving the business, so we are better than where we were last year, last month, last week or even yesterday.
Better Way starts with each one of us being curious, stepping up and having a voice. Every idea counts, even those that today seem impossible. The aim is to generate ideas, share them and work together to make them real. The ideas worth implementing improve our workplace and create value for stakeholders.
- Excellence – High Way
Excellence is about identifying and implementing best practices.
High Way is a shared mindset of excellence where our people are proud to be part of Yancoal. They look for excellence in everything they do and reward their colleagues for the behaviours that set them apart and drive the business forward.
They know where they’re going and what it will take to go from great to excellent.
- Integrity – Right Way
Integrity is about operating with ethics. Doing things because they’re right, not just because we should.
The Right Way helps people think about their actions. People make decisions based on principles that impact others, consider the future and deliver on what Yancoal stands for. The Right Way is not always easy but it is always rewarding.