Contractor Management System Overview
Yancoal is committed to the safety, health and wellbeing of staff and contractors, and has implemented a Contractor Management System across all services. The Contractor Management System adopts a risk-based approach to categorise and manage contractors based on the work they do on our sites. This site provides more detailed information about what the Contractor Management System is and who has to use it.
All contractors and business entities work on Yancoal sites are required to register in the Yancoal Contractor Management system before starting work.
The Contractor Management system requires all businesses to register. As part of this process, important supporting documents must be uploaded – usually insurances (Workers Comp/Public Liability), trade licences and safety management documentation.
All individuals (contractor employees) performing work on site must also have a current site induction. Classroom inductions are booked as part of the registration process in the system.
The Contractor Management System is managed on behalf of Yancoal by Pegasus, who specialise in contractor engagement and workforce management services. You can find the system by clicking Register/Login in the menu of this page.
The Yancoal Way
What is the “Yancoal Way”
The Yancoal Way outlines how we intend to run our business and operate our mines.
At Yancoal we deliver on our commitments to achieve and sustain best outcomes for our people, our community, the environment, our partners and our shareholders.
We value safety and the environment, our people, excellence, integrity and innovation.
Safety – Safety is not optional. It is considered in everything we do to eliminate harm to our people.
People – We value involvement from everyone. Full engagement and “lunatic thinking” are encouraged. 99% of what we need to know is already within the Yancoal workforce.
Excellence – We identify and implement best practice and operate above the line in the ‘can do’ zone with Courage, Trust and Pride.
Integrity – We do what we say with honesty, integrity and reliability.
Innovation – We seek to continuously improve all aspects of our business.
The objectives of the Yancoal Way are:
- to improve safety toward the achievement of zero harm
- to optimise profitability both at sites and across the enterprise value chain
- to assist in developing a disciplined, constructive and engaged team which will enable the delivery of the prime objectives of the safest, lowest cost, most profitable coal mining company possible
The key elements of the Yancoal Way are:
- Understanding of the Yancoal Vision, Values and Principles
- Prepare our people for the significant changes they and their business will need to make through Blue Bus training.
- Delivery of Rapid Business Improvement ideas and opportunities (“Quick Wins”)
- Establishment of Visual Performance Management (“i-Centres”)
- Establishment of a “continuous improvement culture” – applying best practice tools and systems to support continued improvement
Continuous Improvement Culture
Is intended to be a company-wide all inclusive culture, involving all Yancoal staff and generating, and implementing, ideas focused on continuous improvement of every aspect of our operations.
The Yancoal Way best practice tools will include:
- Process Improvement Events (PIE’s) to facilitate learning problem solving and engagement of all in improvement
- Development of performance metrics and detailed diagnostics to measure and improve change
- Stability tools to improve the way work is done such as 5s, standardised work and quick changeover
The Yancoal Way best practice management systems have the objective of waste reduction, value creation and the optimisation of opportunities and will include:
- Visual Performance management
- Short Interval Control and Production Analysis System
- Leader Standard Work
- Requisite Organisational design
The way we identify and implement best practice will be heavily influenced by how we think and perceive, make decisions, lead our people and participate as team members – our mindsets and behaviours.
These are coloured by our value system – our “Culture”. We will build a constructive “Blue Culture” that encourages performance oriented behaviour rather than security and mediocrity.
This will be built on a foundation of:
- Engaging everyone in the Yancoal Way and continuous improvement
- The principles of just in time and built in quality
- Stability of processes, people and equipment