Contractors working for Yancoal must first be registered in the online Yancoal Contractor Management System.
The system underscores the Yancoal commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone working for us.
It allows contracting companies to self-register by entering their company details and requested documents (including insurances and licences) relevant to the work they do for Yancoal.
Contractors will also register and book their employees into inductions that they can complete to allow them to access Yancoal sites.
The systems allow Yancoal and its contractors to manage a shared duty of care.
Pegasus connects a competent workforce. They manage the Contractor Management System on behalf of Yancoal.
The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract
The Yancoal Way
What is the “Yancoal Way”
The Yancoal Way outlines how we intend to run our business and operate our mines.
At Yancoal we deliver on our commitments to achieve and sustain best outcomes for our people, our community, the environment, our partners and our shareholders.
We value safety and the environment, our people, excellence, integrity and innovation.
Safety – Safety is not optional. It is considered in everything we do to eliminate harm to our people.
People – We value involvement from everyone. Full engagement and “lunatic thinking” are encouraged. 99% of what we need to know is already within the Yancoal workforce.
Excellence – We identify and implement best practice and operate above the line in the ‘can do’ zone with Courage, Trust and Pride.
Integrity – We do what we say with honesty, integrity and reliability.
Innovation – We seek to continuously improve all aspects of our business.
The objectives of the Yancoal Way are:
- to improve safety toward the achievement of zero harm
- to optimise profitability both at sites and across the enterprise value chain
- to assist in developing a disciplined, constructive and engaged team which will enable the delivery of the prime objectives of the safest, lowest cost, most profitable coal mining company possible
The key elements of the Yancoal Way are:
- Understanding of the Yancoal Vision, Values and Principles
- Prepare our people for the significant changes they and their business will need to make through Blue Bus training.
- Delivery of Rapid Business Improvement ideas and opportunities (“Quick Wins”)
- Establishment of Visual Performance Management (“i-Centres”)
- Establishment of a “continuous improvement culture” – applying best practice tools and systems to support continued improvement
Continuous Improvement Culture
Is intended to be a company-wide all inclusive culture, involving all Yancoal staff and generating, and implementing, ideas focused on continuous improvement of every aspect of our operations.
The Yancoal Way best practice tools will include:
- Process Improvement Events (PIE’s) to facilitate learning problem solving and engagement of all in improvement
- Development of performance metrics and detailed diagnostics to measure and improve change
- Stability tools to improve the way work is done such as 5s, standardised work and quick changeover
The Yancoal Way best practice management systems have the objective of waste reduction, value creation and the optimisation of opportunities and will include:
- Visual Performance management
- Short Interval Control and Production Analysis System
- Leader Standard Work
- Requisite Organisational design
The way we identify and implement best practice will be heavily influenced by how we think and perceive, make decisions, lead our people and participate as team members – our mindsets and behaviours.
These are coloured by our value system – our “Culture”. We will build a constructive “Blue Culture” that encourages performance oriented behaviour rather than security and mediocrity.
This will be built on a foundation of:
- Engaging everyone in the Yancoal Way and continuous improvement
- The principles of just in time and built in quality
- Stability of processes, people and equipment