System User Guides
- Yancoal Portal User Guide: Company Registration
- Yancoal Portal User Guide: Worker Registration and Induction Bookings
- Yancoal Eastern Region Contractor Approval Form
- YCC-HST-FRM-579 Site Induction Authorisation Form (Yarrabee Coal Company)
- CDM-HST-FRM-579 Site Induction Authorisation Form (Cameby Downs Mine)
- Moolarben Contractor Approval Form
- SGS Academy Terms and Conditions
- Stratford Coal Contractor Authorisation Form
This Knowledge Base includes steps to help an administrator check company compliance, search for and edit employees, run reports on competencies or work hours, and create users, among other helpful tips. This process can be completed in Onsite, the Pegasus software that powers the Yancoal Contractor Management System.
The Business Rules specify the requirements of the documents you upload in the system. Ensuring your documents meet these requirements will save time and have your workers approved faster.
Complete and return this form if you have a new worker who is already registered and you need them added to your company, or you would like to remove a registered worker from your company.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click to expand the FAQ below.
Where do I register or login to the Yancoal Contractor Management System?
You can find instructions to register for new contractors, or login for existing contractors, on the Registration Process page.
The user guides at the top of the page will help you use the system.
What documents do I need to upload to register my business as a Yancoal contractor?
Depending on the work your business does, you’ll need to upload copies of the following documents when prompted in the system:
- Workers Compensation Insurance policy
- Public & Product Liability Insurance policy
- Professional indemnity Insurance policy
- Motor Vehicle Insurance policy
- Plant & Equipment Insurance policy
- Company Trade Licences (eg electrical contracting license)
- Safety Management Plan or SWMS documents
How much does it cost to register a business?
Business registration in the Yancoal Contractor Management System costs $100 + GST annually. This cost is for the verification of your company information and documents, the management of your profile, and includes access to local support teams if you need help in the system.
How much does it cost to register a worker?
Worker registration (subscriptions) in the Yancoal Contractor Management System cost $65 + GST every two years for role and competency management and verification.
The worker subscription renewal date is based on the date the card was purchased, not when it was printed and sent. You’ll be emailed one month prior expiry to renew the subscription.
How do I book inductions for my workers, and how much do they cost?
Inductions are booked during the worker registration process, and depend on your worker’s role for Yancoal (expand Step 2 on the Registration Process page for details).
The induction schedule will be displayed during role selection in the system. Inductions are scheduled depending on demand.
Costs are outlined below.
- Eastern Underground Mine Contractor Surface Induction = $290 + GST
- Eastern Underground Mine Contractor Underground Induction = $428 + GST
Moolarben underground contractors must now complete the Eastern Underground Mine Contractor Underground Induction
OTHER SITE INDUCTIONS
- Moolarben, Premier and Yarrabee Surface Induction = $25 + GST
- Stratford Surface Induction = $162.50 + GST
How long are worker inductions valid for?
The current validity of Yancoal inductions are:
Austar: 3 years
Ashton: 3 years
Donaldson: 3 years
Cameby Downs: 2 years
Yarrabee: 2 years
Premier: 2 years
Stratford / Duralie: 2 years
Moolarben: 3 years
Do my subcontractors need to register?
Yes. You must ensure that any subcontractors you have engaged to work at a Yancoal site have registered their business and workers in the Contractor Management System. Ask that they follow the Registration Process.
Who do I contact if I need help or have questions about Yancoal contractor management?
You can contact the Pegasus team for help in the system. Visit Contact Us.
I have workers at MTW. What do I do?
You will login to the Pegasus system to manage workers at MTW when you need to:
- book re-inductions for your existing employees (you will see their profiles in the system when you login), and
- register new employees to work at MTW (if you are a new Pegasus MTW contractor)
To make the transition easier, workers can use their old Damstra cards at MTW Pegasus logpoints until their inductions are due for renewal. At renewal, you will login to the Pegasus Yancoal system and select Manage Roles to book a worker’s re-induction. Workers will be issued with a Pegasus Yancoal access ID card for site access.