From Monday, 1 June 2020, the Eastern Underground Mine (Underground and Surface) Inductions were replaced with site-specific inductions at Ashton, Moolarben, Austar and Abel mine sites for new and renewing workers. Please find details and information under stage 2.
Mandatory Online Induction
All workers who access Yancoal sites must now complete the online Yancoal Generic Induction.
New workers will be automatically booked into the induction as you register them in the system.
All workers must complete the induction before the 12 month transition period deadline – 15 March, 2021.
Follow the steps below to book the induction for your already-registered workers. To do this, you will re-submit their role in the Yancoal Contractor Management System.
- Login to the system and select Manage Roles
- Search for and select the worker
- Click on All Roles
- Select their trade or task work role to enrol them in the course
- Update the role if required and then re-submit it
- The worker will be emailed a link to complete the Yancoal Generic Induction online. They must complete the induction before the 12 month transition period deadline – 15 March, 2021.
Please note: if your worker has a status of returned, you can only enrol them in the induction after you action the returned competency. After actioning the return, click Save & Course Selector to book the induction.
System User Guides
- System user guide: Business pre-qualification – registration and renewal
- System User Guide: Worker registration and induction bookings
- Yancoal Eastern Region Contractor Approval Form
- YCC-HST-FRM-579 Site Induction Authorisation Form (Yarrabee Coal Company)
- CDM-HST-6994 Site Induction Authorisation Form (Cameby Downs Mine)
- Moolarben Contractor Approval Form
- SGS Academy Terms and Conditions
- Stratford Coal Contractor Authorisation Form
- MTW Induction Approval Form
This Knowledge Base includes steps to help an administrator check company compliance, search for and edit employees, run reports on competencies or work hours, and create users, among other helpful tips. This process can be completed in Onsite, the Pegasus software that powers the Yancoal Contractor Management System.
The Business Rules specify the requirements of the documents you upload in the system. Ensuring your documents meet these requirements will save time and have your workers approved faster.
Complete and return this form if you have a new worker who is already registered to a different company in the system, and you need them added to your company. Workers can be removed from your company by an administrator directly in the system. Instructions on how to complete this process are available under the End Employment sub-heading of this page: http://kb.pegasus.net.au/display/OCCS/Person
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click to expand the FAQ below.
Where do I register or login to the Yancoal Contractor Management System?
You can find instructions to register for new contractors, or login for existing contractors, on the Registration Process page.
The user guides at the top of the page will help you use the system.
What documents do I need to upload to register my business as a Yancoal contractor?
Depending on the work your business does, you’ll need to upload copies of the following documents when prompted in the system:
- Workers Compensation Insurance policy
- Public & Product Liability Insurance policy
- Professional indemnity Insurance policy
- Motor Vehicle Insurance policy
- Plant & Equipment Insurance policy
- Company Trade Licences (eg electrical contracting license)
- Safety Management Plan or SWMS documents
How much does it cost to register a business?
Business registration in the Yancoal Contractor Management System costs $100 + GST annually. This cost is for the verification of your company information and documents, the management of your profile, and includes access to local support teams if you need help in the system.
How much does it cost to register a worker?
Worker registration (subscriptions) in the Yancoal Contractor Management System cost $65 + GST every two years for role and competency management and verification.
The worker subscription renewal date is based on the date the card was purchased, not when it was printed and sent. You’ll be emailed one month prior expiry to renew the subscription.
How do I book inductions for my workers, and how much do they cost?
Inductions are booked during the worker registration process, and depend on your worker’s role for Yancoal (expand Step 2 on the Registration Process page for details).
The induction schedule will be displayed during role selection in the system. Inductions are scheduled depending on demand.
- Ashton Surface Contractor Induction – $320 + GST
- Ashton Underground Contractor Induction – $500 + GST
- Moolarben Surface Contractor Induction – $320 + GST
- Moolarben Underground Contractor Induction – $500 + GST
- Austar Surface Contractor Induction – $25 + GST
- Austar Underground Contractor Induction – $25 + GST
- Abel Surface Contractor Induction – $25 + GST
- Abel Underground Contractor Induction – $25 + GST
- Premier, Cameby Downs and Yarrabee Surface Induction – $25 + GST
- Stratford Surface Induction – $162.50 + GST
- MTW full induction – $395 + GST
NO ADDITIONAL COST
The online Yancoal Generic Induction
How long are worker inductions valid for?
The current validity of Yancoal inductions are:
- Ashton: 3 years
- Austar: 3 years
- Cameby Downs: 2 years
- Donaldson: 3 years
- Moolarben: 3 years
- Mount Thorley Warkworth: 2 years
- Premier: 2 years
- Stratford / Duralie: 2 years
- Yarrabee: 2 years
When will inductions be finalised?
Induction bookings are final upon payment through the Contractor Management System.
Where are training email confirmations sent?
How long does it take Pegasus to review my worker’s application?
Worker verification can take up to two business days to be reviewed by the Pegasus Yancoal team.
Do my subcontractors need to register?
Yes. You must ensure that any subcontractors you have engaged to work at a Yancoal site have registered their business and workers in the Contractor Management System. Ask that they follow the Registration Process.
Who do I contact if I need help or have questions about Yancoal contractor management?
You can contact the Pegasus team for help in the system. Visit Contact Us.
I have workers at MTW. What do I do?
You will login to the Pegasus system to manage workers at MTW when you need to:
- book re-inductions for your existing employees (you will see their profiles in the system when you login), and
- register new employees to work at MTW (if you are a new Pegasus MTW contractor)
You will select a role specific to their work at MTW – for example MTW – Dogman, MTW – Electrical Engineer, or MTW – Gas Fitter. Please note, the MTW – Contractor general role is no longer be available for selection when registering new workers or renewing existing workers. This change does not impact existing, compliant worker profiles in the Contractor Management System.
To make the transition easier, workers can use their old Damstra cards at MTW Pegasus logpoints until their inductions are due for renewal. At renewal, you will login to the Pegasus Yancoal system and select Manage Roles to book a worker’s re-induction. Workers will be issued with a Pegasus Yancoal access ID card for site access.
Can I fast track an application?
Yes, Pegasus offers an escalation procedure.
Pegasus understands that there are times when you’ll need your data application or access ID cards to be processed faster than our standard delivery time of two working days.